Aug. 26, 2012

I have no idea what I have written, or not, and I think I am more so on the not!  Internet is almost impossible to get.  And believe me I have tried every way imaginable.  Oh, well.  I am on now, so  . . . .

. . . . I have traveled thousands of miles to see Africa.  And that I am doing!  Not so much the way you think.  😉  I arrived Thursday, the 16th, after 2 days of travel.  I was physically and emotional spent.  I fell asleep in the taxi with my contacts on the way to my hotel.  Driving – everything is the opposite of ours.  The steering wheel and which side of the road you are on.  I believe this is the same as Britain.  And they have there taxis, and then there little Copper-style taxis that are open on the sides, buses (very few), trucks, motorbikes, bicycles and dahlahalas (econovans with a tall overhead) on the street at the same time, zagging and zigging.  It was better to sleep.  Oh!  And then there are the vendors walking through all of this selling food, beverages and Dollar store items.  Interesting.

I made it to my hotel and just needed to sleep.  Ali(female) & Rama(male), the assistants from United Planet that I am traveling with, get me settled in and I sleep for a few hours.  When Rama comes back we have supper in a very dimly lit restaurant.  It is customary to eat with that right hand and wash hands before and after the meal, which I did.  Rama tells me I will be going to Morogoro tomorrow and will be greeted by Mama Linda.  I really don’t know what any of this means, but OK!  By the next morning we have breakfast and off to the bus station.  Rama puts me on a bus and says I will be riding for about 3 hours and I will definitely have internet at my host home.  He tells me I am going to Morogoro and enjoy.

About 4 hours later, I arrive.  Mama Linda is my host mom and the founder of Meyaho (  I’ve never been to the site so I don’t know how real it is.  I will check it out though!  We drive for about 1/2 hour to Meyaho then to my home.  Rebekah, from Denmark is there.  I eat a little and need to sleep.  And then the fun really began.  It’s Friday night and we go to town and I start learning what I have gotten myself into!

My days since I have arrived have not been what I expected, and I had very little expectation.  I really wasn’t sure what I was getting into, but I did not anticipate this.  I have LOTS to tell but my time is running out.  I will get back on when I can!

This entry was posted in Tanzania. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Aug. 26, 2012

  1. Joyce says:

    Hope things are going better for you by now. I keep in touch with the girls and they are doing fine. I will see what their plans are for the Labor Day weekend. Maybe I can get out there and visit with them for awhile. Keep posting you comments. Be safe. Joyce

  2. Dan says:

    Hey Cuz, I hope what you didn’t expect is more pleasant than unpleasant. Oh well, things rarely are. Hope you’re ok and will keep praying for you. Enjoy your adventure! Love ya, Danny

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s